I have this bad habit of making chicken breasts into jerky due to a few different reasons, mainly a fear of salmonella, but these other ones too:
- I have fear of chicken juice a k a salmonella.
- Due to the fear of this chicken juice, I first slice up the chicken breast.
- Then I ‘cook’ the chicken in water [in the pan].
- After that I fry it up along with spices.
- Then I flip the breasts over and season some more.
- Voila…. It’s Jerky…. even when I don’t mean to serve jerky…
So, I decided to try something to overcome this fear of the chicken juice and the Ooooo-so scary salmonella – I slow cooked today’s chicken breasts in the oven. I think they were in about an hour. I didn’t slice them, shred them, nothing, just let them beauties be. In the last five minutes I seasoned the top of the chicken breasts with some chili, black pepper and garlic.
The result, a juice, tasty, wonderful chicken!
The chicken was served with a side of oven roasted sweet potatoes and zucchini AND a side salad of course! My dear daughter sliced up some lemons and made our glasses of water pretty!
Really, I don’t know what is happening to me… I even had an apron on! I’m scaring myself!
Please enjoy your meal and your family today! /Kat